LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Militia Needs Work

Go down

Militia Needs Work Empty Militia Needs Work

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:22 pm

(Posted on Haven's Tavern Door)

To the 10th Section,

Starting in March, I will be conducting drills and war games to take place in the forests between here and Dock Town. Because of this location, we should be able to avoid any actual enemies. The reason for these drills is the abject failure to communicate we experienced on the 29th of January wherein we suffered a defeat in the underground. We are better than this...and although we beat off their counter-attack, we cannot allow another defeat like this. Arms Corporal Garruk and I will be taking stock in your abilities as they pertain to both magic and swordsmanship.

Second, and I cannot believe I have to say this, it is important that when I give an order, it be followed. When I call retreat, that is not a damned suggestion. Markus was sent to the circle because of a failure to obey this order. Further; a retreat is not an all out route. When retreat is called, an orderly backward advance is called for, not a screaming run through the dark. I promise that if you follow the training I will give - the same training that was given to both me and Winterlight by our Order - you will survive! I expect you all to be there come March. The training will last a maximum of four hours and will not call for you to expend any of your spells.

Yours in service,
Corporal Katatherick Mang

Back to top Go down

Militia Needs Work Empty Re: Militia Needs Work

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Yes Sir Corporal Sir, although I hope you won't be hitting us all with a rolling pin like Morric the Hamfisted did. I followed the personal training he gave me to the letter - "If you can't hurt it, run like your ass is on fire!" After training I assume we will all make a well deserved 'tactical retreat' to the nearest source of strong drink and hopefully losing money to me at Havoc!

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 am

Corporal Mang,

Good job, we need some more cohesion in our ranks. With mine and the Lieutenants time having been taken with Council meetings, Clan Meetings, planning the attack and securing defenses we have had a lapse in the training of troops. To the new members of the militia ye are to follow Corp. Mang's every command! He is here to ensure that ye are at your best while representing the fighting force of Naringal.

Corp. Mang ye have full power to train them in whatever way ye see best, just don't send anyone to the circle.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:26 pm

No sir,

There will be bumps and there will be bruises. There will be aches and pains, but no one will be hurt in the long run. I'll make them into survivors, beat them into blades. The new recruits - Covik and Angelus - need to come see me for some equipment and some basic instruction. The noble's son seems to know the basics of fighting - and received a longsword from me personally - but Covik, as another Celestial caster, needs to know when to withhold his spells and when to let them fly. Although, I hear he and his people took the catapults out on the ridge. Very nice work. My first three rules are as follows - and I expect you to follow them up until March:

- Do not be seen without your weapon. Losing your weapon or otherwise leaving it behind is sloppy and being caught without it could get you killed.
- Don't squander your spells. If you have them, use them tactically. Wait for a more skilled caster to bring down its defenses before you help finish it off.
- Finally, know when to stay back or retreat. I am guilty of breaking this rule...as you all know. But sometimes, we must realize that what we face is above us. If this is the case, you are to retreat and report. Do not run haphazard down the mountain - leap frog away from the menace while covering each other in a backward advance. I'll show you what I mean in Haven.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down