LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costuming

2 posters

Go down

Costuming  Empty Costuming

Post  Vaylen Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Costuming is an important aspect of any live action role playing. While some aspects of a costume are a requirement to play a race, (I.E. elven ears, orc teeth, etc.) most chapters do not require any other particular costuming. However, a good costume makes others pay attention to your character more and provides a better milieu for everyone playing. In some chapters people are completely snubbed for having improper attire. Though this is a fantasy LARP, we try to keep the clothing styles close to what would be found in the 5th to 15th century and let’s face it Jeans were not invented until the 1800’s. Having suitable articles to create your character’s look doesn’t have to be expensive. If you really want to wear jeans, cover them in some loose fitting plain colored scrub bottoms that you can easily find at the good will or even dollar general stores (or an analogue of such.) If you plan on wearing a t-shirt, let’s make sure it’s a solid color without any writing on it or graphic art. Basically all I’m saying is that a costume should reflect the sense of the period we are trying to emulate without too great a stretch of the imagination. If you need or desire a basic robe, tunic, or cape there are some great seamstresses that can help you out and there are some not so great people with sewing machines that can whip you up something halfway serviceable quickly and easily. If you’re not a pro with makeup we have a few people that work wonders with a little bit of face goo. Feel free to ask around as your other players (myself included) would love any opportunity to help make the gaming experience more fun for everyone.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Costuming  Empty Re: Costuming

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:04 am

Wrap pants are your friends. Cheap and easy. And they cover any pants you wear.

Back to top Go down

Post  Araius Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:19 pm

How much would a pair of these pants cost to make? I'd be interested in buying such a pair if price is reasonable, though I do think my jeans are of appropriate material and style for the period...
Araius
Araius

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 pm

Simple black pair of cotton will run you 15 dollars. At least for me to make and I can have them done by this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post  Araius Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Is the size one size fits all? I'm a bit long in the leg being 6'5 and all. Does the 15 still count towards that?
Araius
Araius

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 am

yep, one size fits all and 15 dollars. if you want one send me a message of what color or I will just make a basic black.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down