LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News of Brawnishall

2 posters

Go down

News of Brawnishall Empty News of Brawnishall

Post  Terik Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:52 pm

(by rider after the battle)
Masters and Adventures,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

My brother Vaylen has been keeping me apprised of the missives and correspondence here in Docktown. I thank all of you for your willingness to stand beside us and free Naringal from the oppression of the wild forces that try to control her. Vaylen, the Good Dwarf Arvil Boulderbreaker, and I have been fighting in the areas outside the Brawnishall Mines. We are pleased to report a rout of the Hag’s forces and the loss of a particularly nasty Formorian Giant who was in the possession of a Hag’s Eye.

Each of the 9th, 11th, and 12th sections of the Naringal Militia took heavy losses and would have been near wiped out if it hadn’t been for the aid and res skills of the Dwarven 12th. This new section of the Naringal Militia proved equal prowess with both spell and steel. We mourn the loss of Pvt. Tylor, Pvt. Sticks, and Pvt. Bargow.

Allow me to dispel some potential harmful rumors. First, the Order of the Silver Lions is an officer corps made of honorable and disciplined adventurers who have proven themselves in both word and deed. One must be nominated to the ranks to join. Congratulations are in order to Arms Corporal Arvil Boulderbreaker. Member of the Naringal Militia for nearly a year, Arms Corporal Boulderbreaker was nominated and accepted into the ranks of the Order of the Silver Lions.

Second, any adventurer willing may become a member of the Naringal Militia. Currently we are filling the 10th Section. The Naringal Militia is open both Melee and Spell focused adventurers of any school. As a point of correction, Chaos magic is widely accepted by the Naringal Militia, the Order of the Silver Lion, and myself. Chaos magic is but one power drawn from its plane, just like any other type and is quite useful in battle.

Any adventures interested in joining the 10th Section will receive a 120 silver pieces advanced payment to pledge one year of service. You will receive supplies and coin as available to the Militia. Currently our supplies our limited until the siege on Haven is lifted. Members of the Militia are dedicated to each other and will never leave a fellow member behind. Allegiances to family and clan are welcome and expected to be honored, but while in service of the Militia, the mission of the Section must come first. Once the mission is over, you may seek leave to tend to other commitments.

Master Amasai, you and your clan have previously expressed interest in joining. If you are still interested, I will credit 6 months of your services to date and send each of you the 120 silver pieces owed.

As to Necromancy, it is allowed in the Naringal Militia and in the Order of the Silver Lions. In the sections under my command, I reluctantly allow it in situations that will ultimately save lives. I personally do not trust it, nor do I trust those who use such powerful corruptions on a whim. I have taken an oath to not let such personal feelings interfere with the missions tasked to me and my sections.
Each section treats the treasure and loot it finds in battle differently. The 9th and 12th Sections divide them equally at the end of each mission. The 11th, made of Rat Scavengers, tend to grab and growl.

As Celestial apprentice to Master Kelvaren, I welcome all members of Avalon’s Crown. Legend of the accomplishments of Avalon’s Crown are renowned and were here in Naringal when I arrived. The Naringal Militia and the Order of the Silver Lion offers the hand of friendship and ally to Avalon’s Crown and furthermore extend an open invitation for any full member of AC to join the honorable Order of the Silver Lion.

Alas, the weariness of campaigning and the strength of Arvil’s newest batch of swill is getting to me. I have sent a Private of the 11th Section by horse to post this missive. He is no doubt weary. Give him a chance to rest, then he has orders to pay any who is willing to join the 10th Section of the Naringal Militia and bring back any correspondence you have for me (jeremiah.littleton(at)gmail.com).

One final note on allies, please do not harass the Rat Scavengers. Odds are they may be, or are one of the numerous siblings of a member of the 11th Section. For those interested in making a map of Naringal, the Rat Scavengers are my scouts. They are in possession of what they call a map. Not all Vornae are friend, but not all are foe. We are all neck deep in feuds and power struggles older than our forefather’s memories.

Until we meet, may the vast skies and cold steel protect you.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

News of Brawnishall Empty Re: News of Brawnishall

Post  Hetrood Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:44 am

"By pigeon"

Srg locklane,

I have a few questions for you. I do need some more money as the cost of the ale, wine, and bourbon is draining my purse rapidly. I do not want to tie myself to following orders from someone else, I like making my own mind. What is expected from members of the militia?? Are we to be called upon only when danger threatens or are we to be enlisted into the army and have to follow some loud mouth sergeant or captian all of the time? What if we decide to leave the militia before our year of service? Do we pay all silver back or just a prorated part? Will we receive any practrical training? Not marching in line but actual battle training?
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:56 pm

What is expected from members of the militia?? Are we to be called upon only when danger threatens or are we to be enlisted into the army and have to follow some loud mouth sergeant or captian all of the time? What if we decide to leave the militia before our year of service? Do we pay all silver back or just a prorated part? Will we receive any practrical training? Not marching in line but actual battle training?

The militia is called together in times of need. Many times we are free to break ranks between market days to tend to claims, families, or private interests. The Silver Lions are separate from the Militia in that they are always on call. Members of the militia only answer to their commanders when they are mustered, and during the time they are active. For instance, the Militia has been under activation since the siege on Haven. Before that, they were free to lay claim in the borderlands, relax in Haven, or other such adventures. You may leave before your full term of service during non active terms. The bonus you get for joining will be prorated by month of service should you choose to leave. Training, tactics, spell casting, and some supplies as available will be given in exchange for service. There is no marching. If we parade around marching in time, Naringal will rip out our entrails, take our corps back to its young, and chuckle itself to sleep at our ignorance. This, of course, is an exaggeration...Naringal never sleeps.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetrood Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Since I can leave the ranks of the militia at any time, I am already helping defend this place, and I need coin I will take you up on the offer and join the militia. I will not be joining the grey lions for any amount of coin of any metal, to much ristriction of my style. I do look forward to combat training who is the best officers to receive weapon, celestial and earth magic from??? Micha Amasia's brother is good with swords, as I have discovered while supporting him here.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 pm

This bird is quite handy. I need to train a flock for the Militia.

Master Amasai or Master E'nik is the best of the earth casters in Docktown. If Master Kelvaren arrives in Docktown, he is best for Celestial, but I can instruct on low levels when we meet.

May steel and sky keep you,
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down