LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New in Town

+4
Hetrood
Regele Pasere
Kouga Lunic
Micha_Amasai
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New in Town - Page 2 Empty Re: New in Town

Post  Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:12 pm

I thank you heartily for the advice i had no idea a divination might cause such unpleasantness and we will wait until we are more powerful before we attempt any experimentation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Regele Pasere Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:23 pm

I must also thank you for this advice and I shall keep her, as best I can from doing anything that might bring herself or anyone else into harm.
Regele Pasere
Regele Pasere

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:27 pm

*send via courier*

Regele,
It is a pleasure to see someone so devoted to the arts. I myself started adventuring with only my magics and skills as my guard. Though for me it proved most advantageous to pick up some skill in weaponry as I am by no means dexterous enough to dodge attacks as some of my companions can. Indeed I am slightly more knowledgeable with chaos magic. My brother and I watched our town and our family become slaughtered by the undead and therefore we tend to have strong feelings in regards to chaos magic. Though my brother Terik is less than fond of Master Amasai’s persistent use of chaos magic, as guild members we must respect all aspects of the craft.

Bandoleer Mormegil,
It is impressive that you have so many casters in your clan, and I applaud your racial diversity as it is refreshing to find an open mind. That said I have some trepidation in regards to your clan’s abilities in a melee. While I tend to have a particular bias to the magical arts, I worry you may not have enough blades to give you adequate protection. A puppeteer is only as good as the marionettes at the end of the string. However the Amasai have a great deal of blades at their disposal, perhaps in working together you could have quite the strategic advantage.

To all,
It can be quite daunting when facing your first fight in the lands of Naringal. These creatures have honed the definition of ferocious and can prove impossible to defeat without some knowledge. As I have no great insight into your level of ignorance I have included a small list of some creatures you are likely to face as well as their descriptions so that you might have some education. (Lest you go to battle a wraith and find that you have only normal weapons that have no effect on such a creature.) It is my hope that these will help you survive until I have the honor of meeting with you all in person.

( http://home.windstream.net/dlandks/lexicon.html )
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Vaylen,

Your words have never been truer, and I feel it our responsibility, to train these casters in such as way to balance there spell usage, and most effectively cast.

While they must also learn, and I am afraid it maybe the hard way ... In front of every skilled caster is a fighter, and the fighter is just as effective as his casters ability to cast... I feel that we are going to have our hands full in training and teaching of casting techniques.

.... While it is also true I have a number of swordsman that travel along side me, there are not the most dependable ... I still have much teaching for them also!.....

Micah
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:39 am

Master Vaylen,
I thank you for all your advice and i will make sure that all of my clan reads all of the information you have provided. The unbalanced nature of the fighting styles of our clan is a concern for me as well and one i hope to address soon though i am not sure how i will do so i have had some correspondence with some old friends who are handy with a blade but convincing them to join us in Naringal is slow and difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:40 am

To All,
Thank you for all of your assistance, i have been in contact with some old friends who are handy with a blade, but convincing them to cross to the shores of Naringal is difficult. if they are not willing to join us then we will simply have to do as we have always done. Survive. I can wield a sword fairly well just as Chipero can with a blunt weapon. But as far as our nearest battle is concerned we will all be working together in the defense of Docktown and not long after i am sure we will all do so again to defend Haven. Any and all help with training us in swordsmanship or in the wielding of a blunt weapon would be of great assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Regele Pasere Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Master Vaylen
Which weapons would you suggest that I should attempt to become skilled with? Master Amasai has also given the same advice so I think that I should pick up on something....I was also wondering about how chaos magic is viewed around these parts?
Regele Pasere
Regele Pasere

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Regele Pasere,

As we have already discussed my view on a weapon, I will address your second question in regards to Chaos Magic. While Master Vaylen, has studied much more in on the subject, I will leave the Physiological left up for him to partake on!....

Currently, within the lands of Naringal, there is no Noble Structure, there for it a land without Laws. Since our venturing there has begin, it has become more about what right, and whats needed them selfish gain. So on that note there is no Legal standing on the use of Chaos.

However, with that, there are some I Naringal, who despise the casting of Chaos... Sgt. Terik Locklin is one of them. He have become more understanding and accepting of it's uses as a defense, but still question the motives of those who use such magic.

As for Myself and the other Amasai's, we have been taught that Chaos Magic is a powerful magic, that must be balanced. It is wonderful for assisting in the defense of the town.

If you, or any of those in your party wish to cast Chaos it is perfectly legal, and there shouldn't be much of an issue......
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Regele Pasere Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Master Amasai,
Thank you for your quick response. I guess that means no silver lions for me though.
Regele Pasere
Regele Pasere

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:22 pm

It is for that reason I have asked the Silver Lions to post the rules, as I do not know how Sgt. Terik plans on handling that.....

I know as far as the Mage's Guild is concerned, "Shall not discriminate the uses of Chaos Magic"
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Regele,

My brother and I are the only ones with strong convictions on the subject of chaos magics and necromancy. The general view by most others is neither strongly for nor against. There are no laws against its use (as there are no laws in these lands) and therefore your practice of chaos magics is limited only in your, shall we say, political affiliations. Indeed another area you will wish to take into consideration is the idea of ensourcelments; those few magics and potions that can enslave the minds, as I hear that there are some mystic wood elves that have entered our lands. Charm spells in particular are viewed by these mystic wood elves to be more offensive than any necromancy. As far as weapon choices this is most certainly up to you. While it has taken some study, I have become skilled in the polearm to keep my enemies at bay while I am casting. I am personally partial to larger weapons not as an offensive strategy, but more as means of blocking attacks. Staves and spears are also sought after by many casters as they are easier skills to master. Then again Master E’nick, perhaps one of the finest earth casters, uses a sword a shield in melee. Master Amasai has proven adept in the use of a bow which also makes for an excellent blocking tool. Given your dedication to the arts I may suggest a quarterstaff as it will require little practice to master, but again this choice is ultimately what you are most comfortable with.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetrood Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 am

Master Vaylen,

You are correct, several days could be spent on the debate on is chaos a natural part of the world as we know it or is it the reverse of our world and by using it we slowly are destroying ourselves and this land. I for one do use chaos when it is needed. I do not like the spells that summon or control undead as they seem to be to close to the real menace to our society, SLAVERY!! To forceable control another intelligent being is the most distible act one can do, weather it be by force of arms or by magic. I will fight any and all engaged in the act of enslaving others.

Now to have a bottle or three of wine and cool off.

As for weapons I would recomend that for scholars the use of a stave or pole arm would be best as they are good for defense. For templars and fighters the use of swords and axes are prefered, unless you are dealing with undead and a good hammer or mace is excellent. For rouges I would suggest a dagger-sword combo or two short swords.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Mistress Ameana,

To be succinct, I would wish to see your divining arts put to good use as there is much of this land’s history that is shadowed in secrecy or lost to those long dead. There is the power seeping through every stone in this land and ancient monuments with unknown treasures to unlock. What information we have obtained is only a hind-sighted illusion of the truth pieced together with logic, deduction, and speculations. With your talents we may be able to use these weapons to defend our new found home. Therefore I hope that you will not give credence to the sailor’s warning. There are unknown riches awaiting you if you are willing to face the unknown.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Master Vaylen,
Though what has been said is just a story I often find the even the most far-fetched story has a seedling of truth to it. While I too wish to know more about the land around us I will not do so at the cost of her safety should the need prove great enough and should safe accommodations be made for her i will allow a divination to take place. as i have stated before the safety of my clan is my first priority.

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Bandoleer Mormegil,

I must agree with Vaylen on this one ... there is much in these lands to learned, and to take the "tale" of some shipmate, would just be foolish! We must use every resource available, and this gift included.

While I understand your concern for her safety..., well that was really lost the moment she arrived in Naringal.

Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 am

To Masters Amasai and Vaylen,
I do not mean to say that I think it is a bad idea for the divination to be done or that Naringal is a safe place by any means. I merely think that we should be well prepared for any...unpleasant side effects it may have. For all we know it could cause storms to rage and the seas to boil or an army of this lands foulest beats to pour from the forests or it could do nothing. Either way if she is to do this I want her surrounded by the strongest casters and fighters we have at our disposal, and Docktown prepared for a disastrous result. I imagine that powerful casters such as yourselves with have no problem taking the measures to insure her safety. Know that this is for Regele as much as it is for me or the rest of the clan. I speak in Ameana's place only because she would recklessly charge into this for the good of our clan and it is my and Regele's job to protect her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Araius Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:45 pm

"I am Araius Dale, and I too, am a newcomer. Arazmus has graciously allowed me to travel with his caravan since we were heading in the same destination. I have some skill with a blade, but I would prefer to ply my skills in a utilitarian sort of manner, not on the frontlines. I have no magic, though some would say my fingers are quite nimble enough to be considered so. I will gladly assist in anyway that I can, even perhaps as a scout for the purposes of mapmaking. Either way, I am at your service for naught but a few morsels of food and some silver to line my pockets."
Araius
Araius

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:02 am

Greetings Araius,

Welcome to Naringal! ... I do hope you have arrived prepared? .... From where do you come from? and what brings you to Naringal?

Well enough with all the questions, I am Micah Amasai Guildmaster of Naringal. My brothers and I have traveled these lands for more then a year now and still learning our way around! ... at least you have been smart enough to not travel alone, as it can get dangerous out there.... If I can be of any assistance please let me know!

M
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Araius Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:08 am

I have enough supplies for myself to cover the necessities, but I find that I could use some better equipment. In these dark times one does not feel safe unless wielding an enchanted blade and clad in metal skin I suppose. Though I hope my abilites will keep me safe. Might there be a group of individuals who prefer the cover of shadows and all around scoundrels that I may join?
Araius
Araius

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetrood Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:30 am

Araius,

Greatings and welcome to Naringal now try to keep yourself alive. This is a dangerous place filled with all maner of evil. Luckily we have several healers in the group, Masters Amasai and Locklaid as well as myself and members of the group you are traveling with. As for rogueish types there is the wolf pup in your group, a brother to Master Amasia and I have heard tales of a hobling and vixen in the area. I know of no formal guild, but alas I am only recently arived here. The elven wine and dwarvian ale selections are limited but tastey at the local tavern. Also at another town there are some dwarvian smiths: Stoneforge, Ironsides, and Boulderbasher, or so I have been told.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:22 am

Araius,

Hetrood is correct, a few towns over there are some forges and the smiths can make wonderful weapons and armor... however they are a little difficult to get to at the moment? ....

As for an Enchanted blade? That would be a rare weapon in theses parts ... Only Master Kelvaren would even be able to make such a weapon, but he has been away for some time now .... (*Thought*-Micah Wonders if he is still okay-*End*) therefore it may be difficult to get an enchanted blade at this time!...

As for other "who dwell in the shadows" well you don't think there going to publicly let that be known do you!?
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Araius Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:46 pm

"I imagine they would be. But I know that one can find anything with the right amount of coin. Gold is the universal language that everyone speaks. And GuildMaster Micah, I assumed as much. But some questions must be asked, even if one already knows the answers. Nevertheless, I will hope that my stay is pleasant, regardless of the evils that may be afoot."

Araius
Araius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2