LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join the Order of the Silver Lion

+2
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Terik
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty Join the Order of the Silver Lion

Post  Terik Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:25 pm

The Order of the Silver Lion is an honorable order dedicated to the reclamation and restoration of the land of Naringal for the goody races and their allies. The Order seeks new recruits to fill the ranks. Adventurers of any season are welcome. Recruits will become part of an honorable group loyal to its members. Members of the Order of the Silver Lion will be outfitted for missions undertaken as resources allow. Under my command, recruits will be paid a daily wage: 2silver/day for Fighters, 3s/d for Rouges and Templars, and 4s/d for Scholars. Interested parties may send courier to my location (personal message) for inquiries.

Naringal is a wild and unruly land, but it is the only home that many of us know. Become a member of the Order that tames this land once and for all. Become a part of something. Become a Silver Lion. Become a hero.

Terik Locklain
Order of the Silver Lion

Last edited by Terik on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty Re: Join the Order of the Silver Lion

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 pm

hey why is fighters paid the least???
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Meat shields tend to pick up more individual loot. Besides, I know you Arvil. You'd crush things for free just to work up a thirst!
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 pm

Terik wrote:Meat shields tend to pick up more individual loot. Besides, I know you Arvil. You'd crush things for free just to work up a thirst!

I'll drink to that. and count me in as a silver lion.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 pm

It is an honor to have you. By the way, you need to supply your own beer. I can't afford to win a war AND support your habit!
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty A Thought?

Post  Micha_Amasai Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Terik,

Of course the Order of Amasai will be willing to serve... but a thought? Instead of paying a daily wage? Wouldn't be more rewarding to "split" loot? When of course we are working as a group to accomplish a task....I have seen may of cases in other lands where others gold/greed has come between friends... and do not want to see that happen in this group.

Now that is just a thought, however under your command I will accept any decision....(but I of course much rather components!)

Micah Amasai
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Ah, the elimination of greed...wouldn't that be truly epic! It'll take more than Arvil's brew to talk that topic through to solution. Loot share works great for some, especially those as dedicated to each other like the Amasai. I have, unfortunately, seen how easy it is to 'rouge' loot even when the group is to 'share'.

I will not discourage this practice among the Lions, but I will not make it a command.

The Silver Lions are honorable. Loot rightfully earned will be loot rightfully given. Treasure chests will be justly divided. Any 'rouging' will be strictly dealt with.

While I'm on the topic of rules:
-A Silver Lion is dedicated to Naringal, loyal to the Order, respectful of Nobility (respectful doesn't mean slave).
-A Silver Lion's priority is the mission and the orders of the chain of command.
-A Silver Lion may disobey a direct order only when they can prove the command is will cause irreparable harm to Naringal or to the Order.
-A Silver Lion will never leave another Silver Lion behind.
-A Silver Lion will accept an honorable challenge from an opponent.
-A Silver Lion will aid another adventurer in the land of Naringal if it is within their power.
-A Silver Lion will accept any honorable surrender.
-A Silver Lion will only surrender when death is the only other worse option (sometimes death would be a better option)
-A Silver Lion, if captured, will do their best to escape and/or foil the plans of the enemy.

Breach of these guidelines will subject a Silver Lion to the justice prescribed by the commander of the unit. A Silver Lion has the right to appeal justice to the next highest in the chain of command, but must accept the second-line commander's justice.

Further benefits that have yet to be formalized include:
-The Order of the Silver Lion will act as the Honor Guard for the Naringalese Nobility.
-One seat in the Noble Court of Naringal is reserved for a member in good standing of the Order of the Silver Lion.

Again, these are yet to be formalized, because there is no official Nobility as of yet. It is my hope that Captain Eric von Beckelheimer can bring this up with Lord Tel'Daarn Ebonwyrm, heir-apparent.

In Service to Naringal,
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Terik,

I think your words ring true, and I would be honored to work along side some of the most honorable adventurers! You have to support and dedicated Amasai. While my brother my seems to act on a whim, I can assure you that give the opportunity they will succeed and surprise!.. ( I can attest to that.... and of course they've never let me down)

I looked forward to serving the Lands of Naringal !
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty Message

Post  Vincient_Valicker Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 pm

I have sent word to you, Terik.
Vincient_Valicker
Vincient_Valicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 pm

My ears are burning a little over this. I heard that silver will be paid? I may need to find out more when we are in town.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:02 am

While I agree a defensive force must have some order to retain its efficiency, these codes and measures you have decided upon are almost laughable. Dear brother, why would you dictate a requirement of respect for nobility? A title alone cannot demand respect. I would sooner respect a seamstress spinning her gnarled fingers around a spool of thread than to bow before one who has merely learned to navigate the stagnant waters of politics. And to force your underlings to follow orders blindly; to be reprimanded for creative thinking and individuality? You seek mindless automatons to bow to your whims and tactics without question and yet it is the necromancers who are evil? Ah the hypocrisy.

You also claim to act as the future honor guard of nobility. As if we need pompous aristocrats to tame this land. I detest such a notion.

Though I am grateful to fight by your side and by the sides of our brothers in arms, I decline the chance to be subservient to anyone. Though I wish you well in your recruitment of your war puppets, I hope their blood does not tarnish your boots irreparably.

With all due respect,
Vaylen
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty Harhar

Post  Vincient_Valicker Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:29 am

But Vaylen, what about the shinies!?
Vincient_Valicker
Vincient_Valicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:33 am

Vaylen, it saddens me that you will not be joining the order with us, as you are so close to joining Master Amasia in the ability to perform the arts of formal magiks. I am gladened that you will still be joining us in battle as we strive to defend and control this land. While not able to call you brother in rank I do consider you a brother in battle. May your beard grow long and full my friend.

Vincent, I am suprised you did not ask that Terik provide 5-6 meals for you to join. And before you ask there will be no beer discounts at the tavern for members of the Silver Lions. With that said I do have a good stout for you to try (for free) when you next enter the friendly confines of the Drunken Dragon. I calls it troll dung, and I thinks ye shall like it.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:28 am

I am afraid I have to agree with Vaylen, on the issue of nobility, while I do my best, and direct my brother respect, It doesn't always go well. I believe this will be one of the biggest issues we my have serving as Silver Lion!

My personal feeling on Nobility, is just that it is a title, as I have personally witnessed "nobility" preform some of the most unacceptable acts, because they could. As Vaylen put it ...the corrupt politics for Power

I much rather give respect to those who have earned it, or return it. It is for that reason I am willing to serve under you Terik.

So these are things I guess we will need to discuss in more details at the gather!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:37 pm

My fellow adventures,

Regretfully, there has been a bit of confusion concerning the Order of the Silver Lion. The young dispatch from Captain von Beckelheimer was attacked by a marauding band of goblins just outside of Amrun Taury. To his credit, he was able to destroy the written dispatches and strategic maps from their apprehension. In doing so he took quite a beating. He relayed the message to me the best he could by memory, but unfortunately, much of the details were incorrect and incomplete. After I posted this bill here in Haven, Captain von Beckelheimer sent a second message that clarified many things.

Please disregard much of the original posting. I have been commissioned by the Order of the Silver Lion to recruit members to serve in the Naringal Military. I will be assigned section leader. I welcome you to join the Naringal Military as enlisted members. The unit will be given coin and supplies to outfit it on its mission. The pay for enlisted members will be determined based on the resources at the time of our mission. There are rules of conduct for the officers of the Naringal Military, but I am not yet aware of any rules of conduct for enlisted members.

The mission as of this date for my section is to assist in lifting the siege on the refuges in the Keldpazen Mountains. I ask you to join me not as “war puppets”, but as free-willed adventures who are enlisted to serve Naringal. I will pass along more information as it becomes available. Again, the rules posted and payment rates listed are a mistake. My sincerest apologies.

Your enlistment will help free Naringal from the forces that try to ruin it for the goodly races and their allies. I thank you for standing beside me. I trust, if you enlist or not, you will still stand with me to break this siege on the good people trapped in the Keldpazen. If I receive further orders or information, I will pass it along by the fastest dispatch at my disposal.

Vaylen, my dear brother, you have become increasingly disrespectful and cynical. I originally attributed it to sorrow over the loss of our family and village at the hands of the undead abominations. Here as of late I can only connect it with your hideous fascination with the chaos-tainted study of necromancy. Brother please, abandon your studies of that vile corruption and focus on what you excel at, your healing arts. You know I respect all people. You know the burdens we BOTH endured due to the selfish nobles of our upbringing. Just like your spells that call on the power of chaos are not all vile, neither are all nobility. You can’t just suck the life out of Naringal, eat its crops, use its resources, and not give anything back. I am paying my dues to my new home…OUR new home. If need be, I will pay your dues as well. We will discuss this further in private.

To all, please consider enlistment under these new terms.

In service to Naringal,
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty clarification

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Terik,

Your clarification has not changed me stance on the silver lions. I will still be part of them, and still be looking to cut some of the vile creatures that threaten us to pieces.

Also this changes nothing on prices, everyone pays the same at the tavern. Now let's go drink.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Terik,

As previous stated, The Order of Amasai, will protect/defend the lands of Naringal with our lives, as it is the only home we have known. You can count on us to assist is establishing Amrun Taury and the Lands of Naringal!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty Harhar

Post  Vincient_Valicker Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Brock and I will be there shedding blood already. Might as well get paid for it.
Also, I hear there is a discount at the Drunken Dragon for those that enlist.

Just kidding Arvil! Troll Dung, hm? Sounds like a drink I'd like. Although I personally find the flavor of troll dung a bit tangy.
Vincient_Valicker
Vincient_Valicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Vincient_Valicker wrote:Just kidding Arvil! Troll Dung, hm? Sounds like a drink I'd like. Although I personally find the flavor of troll dung a bit tangy.

Oh this is more than a bit tangy! me Hobling friend.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty Drink

Post  Vincient_Valicker Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:36 pm

I trust it's not as gritty at least?

I look forward to seeing you and sampling your food and brews, Avril. Keep a spot warm for me at the Drunken Dragon!
Vincient_Valicker
Vincient_Valicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:52 pm

No its not gritty, more chunky.

No worries Vincient. You and Brock shall always have a warm spot and a cold brew waiting for you at the Drunken Dragon.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Nabsten Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Vaylen wrote: A title alone cannot demand respect. I would sooner respect a seamstress spinning her gnarled fingers around a spool of thread than to bow before one who has merely learned to navigate the stagnant waters of politics. And to force your underlings to follow orders blindly; to be reprimanded for creative thinking and individuality? You seek mindless automatons to bow to your whims and tactics without question and yet it is the necromancers who are evil? Ah the hypocrisy. You also claim to act as the future honor guard of nobility. As if we need pompous aristocrats to tame this land. I detest such a notion.

What a very Avalonian idea. I hear they are recruiting as well.

Kelvaren
Lowly Mage
Nabsten
Nabsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Master Kelvaren, it is good hearing form you again. Will you be joining us on our next adventure?
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Join the Order of the Silver Lion Empty When Darkness Falls...

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:31 pm

It doesn't matter what you do, when the sun goes down I will find you, and you will never see the sun again.

Dark

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:35 pm

"Dark"

I have never heard from you, or let alone of you.... However but your idol threats mean nothing to us, seek us out if you wish, you will regret that decision.....
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next