LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Larp

5 posters

Go down

My First Larp Empty My First Larp

Post  Artemis Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi peeps, I have never been to a larp event, however I hope to change that soon. Just wondering if some of you larp pros could help me out by throwing me some tips and basic info on what to expect from a larp. My plans are to attend the event set for March 1-3. A few questions to start with. Is it best to play your first time as a NPC? Is it okay to just participate one day at a scheduled weekend event?

Artemis

Back to top Go down

My First Larp Empty Re: My First Larp

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Welcome to NEROSWV Artemis,

To answer your questions you can come and only play one of the days of a 2 day event. Events generally run from 9:00ish on Friday night till Sunday morning. You do have to check out with the chapter owners if you want to leave the camp either by checking out or running for food.

For the first event read the rulebook and try your best to learn the rules (we will help you anything you have questions about at the event). As far as PC or NPC the first event that really depends on the person. If you have a good idea of what you want to play try PC first, if you have little idea of what you want to play NPC to learn the game and find out what you like.

Be prepared for little sleep and a lot of moving then break then lot of moving. the camp is hilly and winterized right now so no running water. bring a sleeping bag, regular clothing, snacks, (costume, weapons, armor, etc if PC), baby wipes, couple of pairs of comfortable shoes.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything else or post other questions here.

shameless plug DWARF is the BEST race to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Artemis Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks for info

Artemis

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Have you decided what you wanted to play? It's important to remember weapons and armor for warrior types, pouches for the rogues, and spell packets for casters. and always always dress with layers in mind. It can get pretty cold running around at night but during the day you get warmed up quick running around. Oh and pen and paper... you never know when you may need to jot somethin down. Oh and try and flesh out a good character name. All of us love new characters and love helping so give us a holloer any time with any type of question you may have. Smile
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:31 pm

oh and humans are by far the best... just sayin
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Vaylen wrote:oh and humans are by far the best... just sayin

Second best, Dwarves are the best, and we have way to many humans running arounf. Wink
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Artemis Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm thinking human rogue/assassin. As far as the name goes.....Artemis Umbra Mortis... Artemis is one of my favorite characters from the forgotten realms, and umbra mortis is latin for shadow of death. What you think?

Artemis

Back to top Go down

Post  Valen Darkeyes Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Arvil Boulderbreaker wrote:
Vaylen wrote:oh and humans are by far the best... just sayin

Second best, Dwarves are the best, and we have way to many humans running arounf. Wink

Ah we only have two to my knowledge. We could afford to have a couple more.
Valen Darkeyes
Valen Darkeyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Just in case no one saw this on FB just wanted to update the message boards.

To all

I’m sorry to inform you but the next event which was planned for March 1-3 has been moved to March 15-17 thanks to our wonderful Tri-area Council BSA.

I want to thank my lovely girl friend Charlene Adkins for being able to save us this time around when renting the beautiful camp Arrowhead site in Ona, WV.

This BSA Council has ran off its ranger and the staff at the office still try to make things difficult for us but we will always work to provide the best games for you at the best locations.

I’m just glad this time we will have water!

Travis Fauber
Owner NERO SWV, KY & SOH
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down