LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out-of-Chapter Questionz

3 posters

Go down

Out-of-Chapter Questionz Empty Out-of-Chapter Questionz

Post  Xaden Faymore Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Greetings from Dun Sundra, SWV!

My name is TJ Crowell, and my wife and I are players from the Florida chapter known as Dun Sundra. We're in the area the time of your November game and really interested in coming! Though, I did have a few questions about the rules posted on the main section of the website.

Rule 3 (Auto-max): Do you offer an auto-max for an npc shift? Is there
a required NPC shift for events?
Rule 4 (Memorization): Is it still required of my character(s) or
another out-of-chapter player's character(s) to find the "Cast on the
Fly" quest in the Nero SWV chapter?
9th Edition Playtest division thingie: Is this being used for the November game?

Any answers will be wonderful, and we're really looking forward in playing!

Dearly,
TJ
AKA
Xaden Faymore

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Out-of-Chapter Questionz Empty Re: Out-of-Chapter Questionz

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:39 pm

TJ

I can answer a couple of the questions you asked.

Their is no required NPC shift

Memorization is required unless you find the ingame way to cast on the fly.

We are going to try the play test at some point during a mod. I don't know if it will be at this event or not.

Sincerely,
Adam Ross
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaden Faymore Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:46 pm

So here's my follow-up question to the memorization requirement:

Why would my level 16 celestial scholar, after literally years of studying in-game and reaching to where he is now and has always been able to cast on-the-fly suddenly be required to memorize spells from a spell book that he no longer needs to carry nor is even able to find anywhere else?

Edit: I hope that doesn't sound sarcastic or rude, I promise it's not meant to be D:

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:18 am

I fully understand your frustration (have a scholar in the mid teens level duel school that has to mem everything). The reason for memorization deals with how magic works in this land and what other(s) are doing to the magic in the land. I would suggest you send a letter in game to Hetrood (PM) he can help you understand what is going on better from a casters prospective. Arvil here is just a fighter.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaden Faymore Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:13 am

-shrugs- That's a good enough explanation for me. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer the other question:

Does this chapter allow NPC shifts to max-out for the weekend for a set number of hours npc'ed? Ex. Atlanta offers 4-6 hours of NPC shift to auto-cap without a silver cost.

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Hey TJ,

First of all, we would LOVE to have you guy out, and do hope that you guy join us!

Adam has answered most of your questions, but I will answer as well!

Rule 3 (Auto-max): Do you offer an auto-max for an npc shift? Is there a required NPC shift for events?
-- There is no required NPC shift. Players wanting to Max Out would do so with Coin.

Rule 4 (Memorization): Is it still required of my character(s) or another out-of-chapter player's character(s) to find the "Cast on the Fly" quest in the Nero SWV chapter?
-- I always hate it when people say "Find Out In Game" But there is a reason (plot--so it would be great to contact some of the characters/players, or the Guild (which is ME ... lol) ... It has to do with the lands.

9th Edition Playtest division thingie: Is this being used for the November game?
-- We are kicking around the idea of MAYBE doing An Encounter/Mod to use and provide feedback, but it is NOT likely it will be this event!

Hope that helps out, if you have any other questions, feel free to let me know!!

~M
Owner NERO SWV
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaden Faymore Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks to both of you for the answers. Every chapter is different, and it's very exciting to see what each does! When it comes to the playtests and memorization, and since we really haven't played since Spring, we wanted to make sure we had at least -half- our screws together before building a chair. Going in dark without any information isn't my style, and you guys just gave us a light to our lantern.

Couple more, if that's okay? xD :

A) I did notice there are a couple of LC playtests, will we know which ones will be used or ran at the beginning of the gather? Or are they always on?

B)What is the cabin situation down there IC and OOC? My wife has been to Logan, but it's been years since she visited, and I've only lived in this state for about 4 months. Are they heated? Would we be allowed to have a sheet hooked/taped to the rafters to indicate a separate area?

4)Does the game fee include meal(s)?

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 pm

A) I did notice there are a couple of LC playtests, will we know which ones will be used or ran at the beginning of the gather? Or are they always on?
-- The playtest as listed on the message boards will be in affect, (I will update the Rules/Playtest section on the website tomorrow just so it's clear to all traveling players) ...

B)What is the cabin situation down there IC and OOC? My wife has been to Logan, but it's been years since she visited, and I've only lived in this state for about 4 months. Are they heated? Would we be allowed to have a sheet hooked/taped to the rafters to indicate a separate area?
-- There are several cabins that we use and some cabins are sub-roomed ... the main cabin, is heated, elect. and a bathroom, the other cabin are stove/fireplace heated with elect.

4)Does the game fee include meal(s)?
It does not, we do run a Taven on reverse tab Most people can eat just fine on $10-15. I will post tavern menu and prices closer to the event, and as I know more about what numbers we will be having!

Thanks!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaden Faymore Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Last couple before the night:

3) Does the bathroom include showers, or is there a section dedicated to that?

5) Is there anything particular that happens on Sunday, or is it a typical break-down of the event? I assume we're required to check-out at noon like most parks.

Sweet, this sounds fantastic. I really appreciate the time for you guys to answer these questions. If I think of anything else, I'll make sure to ask. You guys are being really helpful. Thanks for all the answers, and looking forward to a great event in just over a week!

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:12 pm

3) Does the bathroom include showers, or is there a section dedicated to that?
-- There is a shower in the cabin (should it be working) the last event it was, so we're hoping. If nothing else, there is a shower room in the tavern that can be used

5) Is there anything particular that happens on Sunday, or is it a typical break-down of the event? I assume we're required to check-out at noon like most parks.
-- Yepp, normal breakdown/cleanup/checkout ... we try to be off site by noon

Any time, always happy to help
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaden Faymore Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Tyrran Beam 20?

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Tyrran Beam 20?

Follows the Nature School of Magic, (playtest from Nero WAR) ... we honor it, cause we do get traveling Nature Casters.

Tyrran Beam would do 20pts of damage to creatures
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaden Faymore Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:36 pm

I shee. This game will be interesting indeed. I'll lurk their website to grab that playtest then.

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaden Faymore Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 pm

One -last- question:

For the memorization rule, is it required to have a spellbook tag, such as the older ones in 8th edition and before?

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Its not required to have a tag, but a rep for rp purpose is suggested but again not required
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Xaden Faymore Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Sweet. and once again, thank you very -very- much.

Xaden Faymore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down