LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information at hand.

4 posters

Go down

Information at hand.  Empty Information at hand.

Post  Vaylen Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 am

Dear people,

As you ingrates are too lazy and/or two stupid to understand the intricacies of what we are dealing with, allow me to educate you. I would hope that the Naringal Roar would be worth the coin and offer actual information, but alas it is mostly filled with editorials and opinions. Personally, I would hope that you would all choke on your own ignorance; however, the council has decided it would be best if I shared what information I have worked so hard to glean from these lands and unlike some others… I do so for free. As I haven’t the time to divulge all of the information I know, I will gladly answer any further questions anyone has.

Let us begin with the ancients. This land was once inhabited by the ancient kingdoms of elves, dwarves, and humans. The three kingdoms lived in unison for some time. Unbeknownst as to why, the three kingdoms were removed from the heart of Naringal and were left scattered. Remnants of ancestors were left in various areas. A few descendants of the humans were found in Varhardt and it is rumored that there are remnants of the ancient humans in Ashenfell. The descendants of the dwarves can be found in Haven. Currently the only elven remnants that we have found are the ruins in and around Amrun Taury and of course the elven tower held by Kelvaren.

Amongst the ruins of Amrun Taury is the nefarious gate that you may or may not have heard so much about. This gate is currently used by the hags’ forces; however, to control the gate requires the keystone in place. This Keystone is broken into three separate pieces and have been scattered. We think that one of the pieces of the keystone is held by one from the first group of adventurers that came to these lands. Another piece of the keystone was taken by the Femorian giants around a year ago. Therefore we believe the hags now hold a piece of the keystone. However, we are still looking for these pieces and information about them.

The obelisks have been found around Varhardt, Haven, and Amrun Taury. I suspect that there is one in Ashenfell to the west and possibly another to the far east. These Obelisks seem to be fueled by elemental nodes (Stone, Lightning, Ice, and Flame) each of which is in alternate directions from their polar opposites. It is claimed that the creatures to the north (giants known as Ymerkelds) have a way of harnessing the power of the nodes (at least that of ice).
Each of these obelisks has symbols of ancient language. We have also found a tome that may allow us to unlock for powers of nature magics and a tome of my brothers as well as ancient notes that were copied by Ti Tie from a crypt in the barrows. As some of you may know, the elven mistress Raylen has contacted (or rather has been contacted by) a dryad that has offered to teach her of the ancient language if she is capable of finding her lost treant friend.

As treants go they were once spotted north of the Herin Duin by the Amasai. You see many moons ago the Amasai were being attacked and were saved by finding a green emerald pendant. As I recall Ballsack had a vision of a beautiful maiden when he accepted what we now know was a Hag’s eye necklace. It was very helpful to the Amasai while it gathered information on our forces. When the Amasai were adventuring they found a healing pool deep in the Naer Fade that when Balatro entered released the Amulet from his neck. The Amasai in their ignorance dove into the pool and retrieved the amulet thinking it a fine treasure.

On a separate note, let us discuss the matter of the underrealms. There is an intricate and vast cavern system spanning a major portion of Naringal. These deep caverns have many pocket openings all across these lands and in them we have found dark dwarves and Vornae as well as the black hat forces. We have learned that the black hat forces consist mainly of Vornae, Ettercaps, goblins, Spiders, and others. These black hats also have a Minotaur in their forces that I personally never hope to cross. From what I remember the black hats are led by a matriarch that they have referred to as their mistress. From what we have learned, the black hat forces are working against the Hags’ forces, however they would have no assist from our troops as they are only biding time to wipe us from their territory.

The Dark Dwarves from what we have recently learned are working with the hags’ forces. It is possible that the dark dwarves and black hats are vying for territory in the underrealms and have allied themselves with the hags to destroy the Vornae. This is not to say that all Vornae in this land are evil. In fact there is a separatist faction of the Vornae that are not associated with the black hat faction.

Upon our earlier venture to the ruins of Amrun Taury, we learned that the original settlers, brought by Leonardo DeGario, were swayed by an ancient chalice that caused a great deal of madness. We have since discovered that there are a group of cultists that follow The Mad One. The Mad One is a powerful planar Icon who feeds off of madness, deception, and destruction. His symbol is that of a crimson sun and marks his powerful followers. One of the altars to this dark Icon was found in the valley of sorrows, a system of caverns west south west of the borderlands. The cultists proved too strong for us in their labyrinth and we have not yet returned to settle the score.

In the borderlands we also found a group of hobgoblins that were apparently capturing people for slavery. Once again we were unable to root out the creatures and we barely managed to escape in one piece.

Now there is much more information at hand, however, I am not about to spoon feed you all information without direction. You must ask questions and provide information if we are to reclaim this land.

Last edited by Vaylen on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info.)
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Information at hand.  Empty Re: Information at hand.

Post  Vaylen Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Ladies and gentlemen,

I look back at these postings and I am amazed at everyone’s stellar comprehension. I have posted this information over a month ago and yet no one has had any further questions in any areas of interest. I assume since no one has any questions or additional information that we now know everything that is transpiring in these lands. Rest assured that if you request any insight in a particular matter that I will think no less of you than I already do.

That said, apparently there is rumor that there are those seeking more laws and order in these lands, yet there has been no proposal brought to discuss. Obviously we as a republic cannot provide for the public if everyone lies silent. Again I would encourage each of you to share your thoughts so that we may create an open debate. I freely offer two very easily understood options; speak or shut up.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Vaylen,

Very well spoken, we even held the meeting with 3 of the council present, of which nothing was brought to our attention ...

I will state my view again, it is time to Council take charge and STOP catering to the people, and do what we must for Naringal!

Micah
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:42 pm

My scribe won't tell me what vaylens big words mean.
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:47 pm

To put it in terms you would fully understand I would need numerous sock puppets and colorful illustrations. Suffice it to say that if you don’t understand something, just ask. (A lesson that even you have no problem comprehending.)
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Siskananamuk Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:25 pm

(Posted by Courier from Siskananamuk)

Friends I've never met in person,

Everything seems a lot worse than I had expected. I met this passer-by a few days ago. He told me of this message, Vaylen. Also, It seems the people of Narnigal are surrounded by negative forces. You all definitely need my rays of sunshine there in Haven. I hope to be there soon. You know, music is a great way to lift the spirits. Perhaps a group of musicians will be good, not only for festivities but battle as well. I've seen it and thought it was really neat. Drums and horns, maybe a piccolo. I'd dance to that!

As for your laws and what not, I beleive that the council should take action soon. The people want to decide for themselves but I'm sure they don't want to be taken over by an unfamiliar and oppressive government that I've been hearing so much about(am I wrong about this too?). If the good people of Haven and Narnigal don't want to speak up, they need representatives to speak for them; a group of elected officials that take all the pain out of thinking.

I know this is a little out of my regular character, seeing as I am a nomad and have no permanent citizenship, but I think there has to be some control or Narnigal will fall before it rises. Or, perhaps it is a stronghold of chaos that will be impenetrable unless power is given to a strong loud voice to break it down...yeah

That makes sense right. Long days and nights traveling to get to Haven as fast as I can...Also, I seem to be getting turned around a lot since my MAPS WERE STOLEN!!! All my beautiful maps...I'm gonna go cry now.

See you in the sunshine!
Siskananamuk!

Siskananamuk
Siskananamuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down