LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to NERO SWV

2 posters

Go down

New to NERO SWV Empty New to NERO SWV

Post  Wellaway Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Hello, as stated in the title, I am new to this specific chapter. I have attended a couple of events for NERO WAR, and was curious how you guys were different. I assume the core rules are the same, but I was wondering if there was anything importantly different that I should know. Also, I couldn't tell on the website, but are new players free for their first event, or do they have to pay as well? One more thing... If I were to "claim" a new player, would I be able to attend the event for free? (I'm prepared to pay to play; I'm just curious if the overall system is the same as NERO WAR).

Thank you for your time; Hope to attend the August event! cheers

Sincerely,
Overly-Excited LARPer

P.S.
I assume that we are allowed to import an existing character from NERO WAR?

Wellaway

Back to top Go down

New to NERO SWV Empty Re: New to NERO SWV

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 am

Greetings Wellaway,

The new player discount is $10 off for the first time you PC a NERO event. You would qualify only if you had only NPCed at WAR, if you played your PC you no longer are considered a new player and the discount doesn't apply. As far as your character, you can go to any chapter of NERO and play your character. Contact Travis Fauber about your character sheet.

About our chapter: We are using the 9th edition of the rule book, should be the same one at every chapter now. We do have some chapter specific play tests (armor, weapons, magic, first aid, evaluate item, etc.), all of them are listed on this discussion area. Please read them and ask any question about them before attending an event. We are a very close group that like to play this game together.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Wellaway Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Okay, will do; Thank you for your help.

Wellaway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down